Tel: 0141 945 3344
Revive MS Support -The £50 Annual Challenge
The £50 Challenge is all about using your business skills and innovation to generate as much money as possible for Revive MS Support. The £50 start-up investment will be provided for you courtesy of our sponsors and then it’s over to you to raise as much as you can. You could run fundraising events at work, invest it on the stock market, auction items, set sporting challenges or organise social activities to raise money. In fact you can do absolutely anything you like, as long as it is ethical and legal. This is a great way to put your business brain and money-making acumen to the test to grow this amount as much as possible, in three months. The team that raises the most will be honoured with the £50 Challenge trophy.
are kindly sponsoring this year’s challenge, so all the money you raise will directly support people who are affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in Glasgow and across the west of Scotland.
How does it work?
1. Get your team together and complete the online form on our website.
2. We will be in touch with your £50 investment and fundraising support.
3. Reinvest/fundraise over the three months and raise as much as you can.
The benefits to your business...
1. Increased awareness of your business by linking with a local charity.
2. Engagement and involvement of staff, boosting team morale and enthusiasm.
3. Fun and engaging PR and social media opportunities. Don't forget to use #myrevivems50Challenge 4. Networking potential with other participating businesses.
5. Help to fulfil your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
6. Increased engagement with clients, customers or suppliers.
A message from our sponsor
“All of us at Cochran Dickie are thrilled to be sponsoring the £50 Challenge. It’s great because it encourages people in different teams and roles to work together, share their ideas and engage with the wider business community, where there is a huge amount of support for Revive MS Support. Try it in your business – the challenge will take on a life of its own and it is fascinating to see who comes to the fore and drives it forward.”
Fiona B. Cameron, Director, Cochran Dickie
We do ask that you adhere to the terms in the £50 Challenge Agreement. Here are a few helpful hints to get you get started. Raise as much as you can and above all, enjoy the challenge!
Some do's and don'ts
- Do ensure that all written communications with the public (including letters, emails, posters, etc.) include the words ‘in aid of Revive MS Support (Scottish Charity no. SC022886)’.
- Do try and come up with something innovative!
- Do your research – risk assessment, legal requirements, licences, insurance etc.
- Do ensure that you have the necessary licence or consent from the relevant local authority before you undertake street collections or collections in public areas. You do not require a permit to collect in private areas e.g. your workplace but you should get the permission of your employer.
- Do get in touch with your local Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser for help and advice.
- Do be enthusiastic – your enthusiasm will be infectious. Don’t get too despondent – not everyone you ask will help or get involved.
- Don’t forget to ask for ‘gifts in kind’ that you can sell on - it’s not all about cold hard cash! Don’t forget to use the profit/loss sheet.
- Don’t forget to check the legal requirements if you’re holding a raffle.
- Don’t be afraid to tell anyone and everyone about what you are doing, you never know when someone may be able to help by donating funds or coming up with a good idea.
All fundraising activities undertaken must be done ethically.
Please ensure that any donations received do not come from any of the following sources:
- Crime or fraudulent activity.
- Armaments (however you can accept funds from this sector, eg. the Armed Forces (MOD)).
- Child labour
- Gambling including scratch cards (raffles are permitted in compliance with guidelines set out in your information pack).If you are unsure whether a donation or activity may be deemed as unethical please get in touch with your local Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser in the first instance.