Tel: 0141 945 3344
Appointment of Driver / Carer
Title: Outreach Driver
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Hours per Week: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th Friday of each month, 8.30am – 4.30pm
Report to: Outreach Coordinator
Provide transport to and from the outreach for people with Multiple Sclerosis using a specially equipped vehicle.
1. Load the vehicle with outreach equipment and drive from the main centre in Govan to the outreach at Cathcart.
2. Unload the vehicle on arrival and then reload and return it to Govan at the close of the clinic.
3. Drive passengers to/from their destination, ensuring that all walking aids, wheelchairs and any other items to be conveyed are safely stowed and secured.
4. Use the specialised equipment within the vehicle.
5. Look after the general maintenance of the vehicle and its equipment:
• keep the vehicle fuelled.
• check tyres.
• check specialised equipment.
6. Report any problems with the running or safety of the vehicle and its equipment.
7. Liaise with Outreach Coordinator regarding scheduling of journeys.
8. Work with the Outreach Coordinator to schedule journeys which will provide the greatest benefit i.e. least stress and fatigue to people with Multiple Sclerosis who are passengers.
For more information and to apply for this post, please contact Angela Feherty at email@example.com or on 0141 945 3344.