Tel: 0141 945 3344
Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and Language Therapists (SLT) are specialists in communication, swallowing and cognition.
MS can cause a range of difficulties that Speech and Language Therapy can help with:
Cognition / Memory
· Do you forget words or names?
· Do you have problems concentrating when listening or completing tasks?
· Do you have problems processing and remembering what is said?
· Do you have problems taking in what you have read?
· Do you have increased difficulty with spelling?
· Do you have more difficulty expressing your thoughts?
· Do you more difficulty with planning, organising and problem solving?
Speech / Voice
· Does your speech sound less clear, slow or slurred?
· Is your voice loud enough for all speaking situations?
· Does your voice sound hoarse or weak?
Eating and Drinking
· Do you experience discomfort or difficulty chewing?
· Do you cough or choke during or after eating or drinking?
How can Speech and Language Therapy help?
Your first appointment will be a consultation to find out more about the problems you are having and how they are affecting you. It can be helpful to bring a family member, carer or friend, as often advice given can help them too.
We will work together to help you understand more about your difficulties and provide support and treatment programmes to help.
See also Memory Matters Group Please call us on 0141 945 3344, send us an email or use our contact us form to get more information.