Aims of Service
- Provide a framework for clients to discuss welfare and benefits issues.
- Assist clients in recognising and applying for, appropriate benefits and grants.
- Assist clients with paperwork in the DWP appeal process.
- Act as an ‘Advocacy’ capacity for clients involved with the self-directed support scheme in dealing with councils and social work departments.
- General financial budgeting guidance and help in establishing a system for paying household bills.
- Assist clients with any other financial matter that requires explanation.
- Represent Clients at Tribunals for Employment & Support Allowance and Personal Independence Payment appeals.
How it works
If you are interested in using this service, then call 0141 945 3344 to make an appointment. The service will generally run on a Friday from our centre in Govan. Though if you require a home visit, please leave your details with Nikki and we can try and accommodate those within the Glasgow area.
Appointments are on Fridays and will generally last for up to 2 hours.
Clients should bring all relevant information with them to the appointment.